Boys’ volleyball squares off against Keene at tonight’s playoff game

Back to Article
Back to Article

Coach Vaughn helps prep the boys' volleyball team during their game against Souhegan on May 23.

Photo by Kathy O'Regan

Photo by Kathy O'Regan

Photo by Kathy O'Regan

Bryan Murphy, Sports Editor

Athleticism is important in every sport–especially when learning a new one–and the boys’ volleyball team has shown this to be true as they go into the playoffs tonight.

With only five returning players going into this year, the boys had to learn quickly but with success.

“The new players have stepped up this year,” said senior outside-hitter Riley Treanor. “Especially [senior] Nick Anderson. He’s a great athlete and picked up the game really quickly, and is now one of our best players.”

Anderson has become one of top hitters on the team. Other newcomers, such as Elijah Ellis and Tarik Dallahi, have also made their presence felt on the court.

“I think both Elijah and Tarik are underrated players,” Treanor said. “They have been really good blocking at the net this year for us.”

Experience is also an asset for a team in the playoffs and senior libero Ryan Crowley provides that for the team.

“Crowley has the most experience out of all of us on the team,” Treanor said. “He will help us make a run in the playoffs.”

The boys’ volleyball team will face Keene High School in the first round of the playoffs tonight. After coming in ninth place in DI with a 7-9 record, the boys feel good about their chances.

“We feel confident about our game and the chance we have in the playoffs,” Treanor said. “We already have beaten Keene earlier this year, and we are confident that we can again.”

The volleyball team takes on Keene today at 5pm at the LHS gym.