Musicians to showcase their talents at PRISM this weekend

photo courtesy of Lancer Music
The Prism Concert on October 30 is an annual LHS music department fundraiser.

The stage is set for theater kids, jazz members, choir classes, and individual performers to showcase their talents at this year’s annual Prism Concert.

Music director Serge Beaulieu, choir director Danielle Loschiavo, band director Joe Mundy, and the rest of the music department have prepared to showcase their talented student’s work in a selection of songs, acts, and performances.

“Prism is a great show because it’s a great cross-section of talent from the music department,” Beaulieu said. “It’s amazing how many kids step up and do this performance.”

Every year after auditioning, students get put into performance groups with friends and classes. Even though Prism weekend takes a lot of effort, the event is still a fun and memorable way for the students to express their impressive abilities in a new setting.

Senior Janiah Bergendahl, who’s been a participant in the event for the last few years, has taken on the challenge of performing in eight musical acts this year.

“Prism is a great show because it’s a great cross-section of talent from the music department.”

— Music Director Mr. Beaulieu

“It’s senior year, so I’m glad I’m doing all of the things I wanted,” Bergendahl said. “Even though I won’t have much downtime, I’m glad I’ll have lots of performance opportunities. It’s going to be a great concert with a bunch of really talented musicians.”

The performance isn’t just fun for the musicians participating, the audience gets to hear a variety of different music in a triangular stage setup.

“The songs could be classic jazz standards, older 50/60s music, musical theater type numbers, pop, rock, and even metal rock,” choir teacher Loschiavo said. “It’s a nice variety of tempos and styles of music.”

WHEN: Saturday, Oct. 26, at 7:00 p.m. & Sunday, Oct. 27, at 1:00 and 5:00 p.m.

COST: Tickets are $12 at the door. Seating is limited.