Best books that you haven’t seen on BookTok

Starting the year off with the right books can change New Year’s goals.
Put+on+the+headphones+and+start+the+2024+TBR+list.+%0AImage+by+Pinterest+
Put on the headphones and start the 2024 TBR list. Image by Pinterest

As we approach the new year, many people have made resolutions to read more, but sometimes it can be hard getting out of that “slump”  where people often struggle to get into their very tall TBR (to be read) stack, and lack the motivation to even read at all. These books will bring you out of a reading slump, and make you motivated to finish up your stack. Here are some books that you should be adding to your 2024 TBR.

If He Had Been With Me by Laura Nowling

If he had been with me by Laura Nowling Cover, image by Book Review

Autumn is a teenage girl who has to go through many “what if?” situations. Living next door to her best friend, Finn, for her whole life means they are as close as ever. Until one day Finn gets a girlfriend, and everything changes between the two best friends who  thought they would always be together. The story deals a lot with emotions and what it looks like to grieve with guilt and regret. As the characters grow and grow apart, the book teaches  many lessons about values. 

As someone who read this book at the beginning of 2023, If He Had Been With Me stands as my number one favorite book of all time. This is a great page-turning romance novel. It’s inspiring, sweet, sad, and everything you want to have in your book. 

Hush Hush Series by Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush Hush by Becca FItzpatrick image by Book Review

Nora is a teenage girl in her sophomore year of high school trying everything in her power to make the most of it. Little does she know that she would soon be falling  in love with the new mysterious boy, Patch, who has a mysterious background behind him.. Nora is  given the best lesson of life, being to always trust your best friend and how they are  your forever number one. As Nora goes through mysterious and troubling times in her life, she hopes that she can recoup from Vee; one night when the two girls are hanging out they face a very sensitive situation, after the main dressed in all black song approaches them, which could soon change their future. 

As someone who is on the last book of this series,, I would highly recommend this series for anyone who is interested in starting a TBR, this series will leave you continuously flipping pages. 

Order of books: Hush Hush, Crescendo, Silence, Finale. 

Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling 

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K Rowling, image by Book Review

The Harry Potter series starts with a fan favorite book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. 

The book sets the scene with 11 year old Harry Potter when he receives a letter stating that he has been invited to Hogwarts, the school of witchcraft and wizardry. In this book, Potter learns that he is an adopted child of two very powerful wizards and that he has unique powers of his own. After he gets moved to Hogwarts, Potter  meets some of his lifelong friends who become his closest allies as they help him discover mysteries, the truth about his parents, mysterious deaths, and events they never could have imagined. 

As someone who put off reading this series for a long time, I  recommend it to everyone, as you can never be too old to read this series. We can be taught many lessons, even as teenagers.

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas, image by Book Review

The A.C.O.T.A.R series was one of the biggest all time reads of 2023. The series consists of six heart-wrenching books. 

This saga begins with nineteen year old Feyre Archeron getting kidnapped, and brought to the faerie lands of Prythian where he  learns that the golden beast is a High Fae called Tamlin, the High Lord of the Spring Court. Tamlin and all the faeries in his court wear permanent masks on their faces due to an affliction called the blight. At first, Feyre is determined to escape Prythian, but she soon becomes accustomed to her new home. She learns about its history and magic and that much of what she was raised to believe about faeries, including their inability to lie and their aversion to iron, are myths. Feyre develops an affection for Alis, her lady-in-waiting, and Lucien, Tamlin’s best friend. 

In 2024 there are so many books to add to your TBR, oftentimes we are influenced by booktok, and instagram which is where we find some of the best reads of the year. Reading the right books can get you out of your January reading slump, and lead you to being successful with your goal in 2024.