UCONN saving brackets

UCONN MBB (photo edited in canva)

At the start of the March Madness tournament, I was excited to see how well it would compare to others, but that started just as fast as it ended. My bracket was done after the first game, and it really fell apart after that, and only 1 of my final four teams made it to the final, the University of Connecticut or UCONN. 

As for me, when I made my bracket, I had UCONN repeating as national champions, joining only 8 other programs to have accomplished such a feat.  Did I feel like this was the most logical pick? Yes. But I also just did not think there was any team that was close to UCONN. 

UCONN would end up pretty much making me seem like I know a lot about college basketball, and they pretty much dominated the entire tournament, winning almost every game by double digits and leaving the media to question how legit a contender Purdue is as a college basketball program in the tournament. 

While you may not like either of these teams, most had at least one in their bracket, and for me, UCONN was my gamechanger. My bracket went from zero to hero because of them, and I ended up winning the bracket challenge I was a part of with my friends. 

We most likely have not seen the last of UCONN basketball, and they might even be in the same spot looking to be the second team ever to three-peat, but one thing I can guarantee is that they will be the champion of my bracket next year.