Six bingeable shows to watch this summer

Via Netflix
All six of these shows are available to watch on Netflix.

Do you find yourself bored in quarantine with nothing to watch? Join the club. Most of us are trapped at home with nothing to do, yet too many things to choose from. Hopefully, my recommendations will help cure your boredom. These next few shows will have you shook, with so many mysteries, twists, and turns that you’ll never see coming. 

#6) The Good Place

This show is about a girl who takes life for granted and is always negative. She ends up dying and is sent to “the Good Place” where she soon realizes she has been mistaken for someone else. As you watch, you’ll come to realize that the Good Place isn’t what it seems, and the more the characters lie, bad things occur. 

I really liked this show because it had an unexpected turn that I wasn’t ready for. This show made me laugh a lot and had really good characters. 

Rating: 7/10 

#5) The Society 

After the students’ class trip gets cut short, they return home to discover all parents and adults as a whole are missing, so they have to learn how to survive on their own. The kids are put to the test as they get sent obstacles to overcome. 

This show was so messed up in the best way possible. It kept leaving me wanting more and more. 

Rating: 8/10

#4) The Fosters 

Stef and Lena take in a troubled girl named Callie, followed by her little brother, Jude.The family faces lots of drama with school, the police, relationships, etc. The couple also have adopted twins, Jesus and Marianna, plus a son of their own, Brandon. Every season their family gets put to the test. 

This show brought me to tears MULTIPLE times! I can’t fathom how amazing this show is… I have also never been more frustrated either. Plus, it has many episodes/seasons which makes it a great binge watch. 

Rating: 8.5/10

#3) On My Block

Monse, Ruby, Jamal, and Cesar start high school, where they deal with life in the hood. There’s lots of heartbreak and many scenes that’ll leave you speechless as they deal with gang violence, relationship issues, family problems, lies, and more. 

I watch this with my boyfriend, and it always makes us burst into laughter. The cast is great, and they really bring On My Block to life. It’s not all funny, however, since it has also hit my heartstrings a few times.

Rate: 9/10

#2) Outer Banks

A group of poor teens called the “Pogues” discover clues to a treasure chase, as they encounter lots of setbacks and turf wars between the rich “Kooks.” This show’s ending will have you in tears. I have never felt more frustrated yet happy watching a TV show. The storyline might seem bland, but I promise, you will get sucked in and realize it is truly amazing. 

I completely fell in LOVE with this show and every part about the plot. It surprised me because I had just stumbled upon it when it first went on Netflix. I have rewatched it three times, and it’ll never get old for me. Also, the ending will have you sobbing like a baby. 

Rating:10/10

#1) All American

A teen who grew up in a poverty-stricken city of Crenshaw has the opportunity to play football in Beverly Hills and go pro. He is put to the test of being in between worlds and dealing with drama back home. This show is my absolute favorite. At first I wasn’t a fan, but once I watched it, I was hooked. 

I am gonna be totally honest, for a while, I refused to watch this because I thought it was only about football and would be boring. Let me tell you how wrong I was. I realized watching this show how much of a simp I am; I watched the entire show in two days without stopping—that’s how good it was. 

Rating: 10/10