Girls’ Soccer Athlete of the Month: Olivia Stowell

Olivia Stowell uses her speed to out run two Pinkerton players during last weekend’s Mack Plaque matchup.

Freshman phenom. That’s the only way you can describe Olivia Stowell. Ten games into the season, the young outside mid has netted eight goals for the Lady Lancers. This number doesn’t just lead the team, but all of Division I.

On top of that she’s not even a full time starter, according to captain Andi Nelson.

“Mostly the seniors start, but she gets a ton of playing time,” Nelson said.

Nelson also stated that Stowell’s knack of scoring is something truly special, especially from a young player,

“Her speed, drive to the net, and fearlessness to shoot gives her that scoring ability,” said Nelson. “She shoots whenever she is given the opportunity and more often than not, she comes through.”

Nobody taught Stowell her speed or fearlessness, but her teammates notice her character and work ethic. Senior teammate and ALC member Laura Doherty notices the work Stowell puts in everyday,

“She always gives 100% in practice and in the games,” said Doherty.

Doherty also had positive things to say about Stowell’s character, which isn’t very surprising,

“She’s a very sweet girl, always smiling and friendly to us, [her teammates]” said Daugherty.

It will be fun for Lancer fans to watch the friendly and talented Olivia Stowell for the rest of the season and years to come.