Fall Preview: Girls Volleyball

A year ago, the volleyball team had seven seniors, including all-state team member Ally O’Neil. That team finished the season 9-9 and lost in the first round of the playoffs. This year’s team is experiencing a youth movement with only two seniors, Emily Vrettos and Morgan Grant.

Some of the notable underclassmen include junior captain Ashley Andrews, junior Josie Collins, and sophomores Maddie Sanborn, Gillian Lynch, and Alyssa Pento.

According to Vrettos, even though the team is young, that doesn’t mean they don’t have the experience.

“Other teams will expect us to be inexperienced because we are very young,” Vrettos said. “We will surprise them by showing how prepared we are.”

Just like every team this early in the fall season, the girls are still working on coming together and working as a team.

“We have already improved a lot with just a couple of weeks,” Vrettos said. “Now we have to put everything together and execute plays to make it to playoffs.”

That run to the playoffs begin this Friday as the team takes the long ride to Spaulding to take on the Red Raiders.